Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sociopathic Songs and Superwolf

Because I'm feeling in a particularly Goat and Rammy mood,* I hit the Hype Machine to see if I can find that (Bonnie Prince Billy) song (from the album Superwolf) on somebody's mp3 blog.

I don't find it, but the first link that's there is for David Bowie's Wild is the Wind, pointing to this blog post which described the song as being sung with "sociopathic detachment."

I love that song, and I love Bowie's version of it. I don't know that I would describe the song's performance or the period as being one marked with detachment - it always sounded terribly passionate to me, the way Bowie sang it.

Which is just to say that it's a really sweet song and I wholeheartedly recommend that you click on that blog link and listen to the Bowie song. Then I think you should buy Station to Station, cos it's pretty good, too.

*all is/all am/all is/goat and ram, is what I'm saying, basically.

No comments: