Sunday, March 26, 2006

Oh, what a month it's been. Almost.

So today makes it four weeks that I've not smoked a cigarette. Now, February 26 was the first day of my abstinence, so while I can say that it's been a month, it's been the shortest month.

Browsing the imdb news page, I find that Richard Fleischer has died. Fleischer directed Fantastic Voyage and Soylent Green and a movie that I wrote about previously called The Narrow Margin, which is a happening little noir.

Looking back at that particular blog entry, I can sort of compare my then and now feelings about smoking. I can say for certain that my physical cravings don't really bother me any longer. The running I think put the last stake in the heart of that one.

I also find that I wrote, "I feel like a jerk and can feel myself acting like a jerk." I'm gonna have to abstain on that one, folks.

Ok, now it's time for a celebratory smoke! Or not.

4 comments:

Scarlet Panda said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment.

Amanda G. said...

Way to Go Matt!!! :)

goldman said...

Woot!

Matt said...

Thanks everybody. I appreciate the kind remarks!