Saturday, November 26, 2005

Aspect Ratio

They put in one o them fancy flat tvs in the student commons here. It's a 16x9 display, so it's quite wide. For the most part, it's used to display television programming, and they've got the tv set to stretch the image out so that everthing's a little too wide, a little too short. It's annoying. They've shown movies on it, too, and even then they didn't set the damn aspect ratio correctly.

Well, now I'm chilling in the commons with the LLM students (ie asian students not speaking any english), watching Cape Fear in the correct aspect ratio because I went into the damn menu and fixed it. This is the old Cape Fear I'm talking about, and it's great!

4 comments:

Fishfrog said...

What the hell are you doing at school?

Fishfrog said...

By the by, I loved your post on JewKreine's(sp?) site. I have "neva" been so amused.

Matt said...

Thanks. Right now I'm chilling in the commons with Scarlet Panda and Warm Fuzzy, watching the Notre Dame/Stanford game.

Amanda G. said...

you guys have a pretty cool commons- I don't know why you don't have parties there all the time.