Friday, September 29, 2006

Update: Mark Foley Resigns!

ABC News reports that Foley's resigned:
Hours earlier, ABC News had read excerpts of instant messages provided by former male pages who said the congressman, under the AOL Instant Messenger screen name Maf54, made repeated references to sexual organs and acts.
I'll be interested to see what ABCNews ultimately reports. They say that the pages were under age 18 on the ABCNews website. If the pages were 17, I don't know that I'm outraged...I want more information, at this point.

Update: TPM reports that the Florida GOP can't take Foley's name off the November ballot. They can replace the candidate, but the law requires that Foley's name be on the ballot. Which makes this formerly-safe Republican seat more likely to go Democratic. I continue to feel underwhelmed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

About time too!!!