Tuesday, July 18, 2006

swing twigs coffee brands around

Another Blogger with a tribute to Syd Barrett posts what's probably the biggest Barrett solo track, Dark Globe, as an mp3. As with the rest, I recommend it. I think people might really be into it because it's a song that goes, in its chorus, "Won't you miss me, wouldn't you miss me at all?", which feeds into story of Pink Floyd kicking Syd Barrett out of the band. I've heard one story, who knows the truth, that at an REM concert, Michael Stipe snubbed the members of Pink Floyd backstage, and then went out to perform an encore of Dark Globe.

Anyway, it's a good song, well worth a listen.

2 comments:

Rimpus said...

Roger Waters confirmed the snubbing in an interview during a concert in London

Rimpus said...

Roger Waters confirmed the ‘snubbing’ in an interview