Thursday, February 09, 2006

Delicious cookies!

Yes, I won the WarmFuzzy challenge to link Dustin Hoffman and Fred Savage in six flix or less. As a result, the Fuzzoid and Scarlet Panda dropped by the Mattcave to pay tribute to my awesome powers of linkation, a tribute in the form of a ziplock bag filled with chocolate chip cookies. And they are some tasty whatnots, let me tell you. I ate a whole bunch while watching Survivor tonight.

For amusement, I decided to see what the Oracle of Bacon would come up with in terms of a Fred Savage/Dustin Hoffman connection. This wonderful tool was introduced to me recently through a Washrambler post upon which Leo commented. When you run Fred Savage and Dustin Hoffman through the Oracle, you get different results depending on the order you enter the names.

Fred Savage then Dustin Hoffman yields the following connection:
Dustin Hoffman was in Hero (1992) with Edward Herrmann
Edward Herrmann was in Welcome to Mooseport (2004) with Fred Savage
While entering Dustin Hoffman followed by Fred Savage gives us:
Fred Savage was in Vice Versa (1988) with Jane Lynch
Jane Lynch was in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004) with Dustin Hoffman
Which is a much faster link than mine. It's striking to me that so many of the links are this fast - one person in between most people. I mean, it's the degree of separation between Klaus Kinski and Shirley Temple, for chrissakes. And Richard Burton and Britney Spears.

1 comment:

Amanda G. said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies - your earned them!

That is an awesome website.