Friday, December 16, 2005

W00t, I is done!

Just got out of my last (of five) exams. It was jurisprudence, and hopefully I spewed enough acceptable shit to get a passing grade. I tried to blaze through the exam as fast as I could at first, so I answered all my questions, and then realized that I'd spent less than half the time allotted for the test, so I went back and spent the next hour revising and adding stuff. It worked well for me, I felt that my first round of answers was adequate, but the second round was a little more refined and less skeletony, so I felt like I made improvements. Hopefully I did enough.

I would like to give a shout out to all my brothers and sisters currently stuck taking the tax exam and the trusts and estates exams, they are four and eight hour tests, respectively.

Every time I mention to a student that I had five exams, their eyes go wide. On the one hand, I can understand this. Everything's graded on a curve, so there's this intense pressure to create the platonic ideal of the exam answers for every exam you take.

On the other hand, I feel like I'm here to be exposed to lots of different areas of the law, and it's better to learn about all sorts of different subjects. Of course, I'll take a hit in each of my classes because I'm spreading myself, but so what? It's more important to me to learn a lot of different stuff.

Anyway, I would like to reiterate my previous sentiment. W00t. W00t indeed.

1 comment:

Amanda G. said...

yay!! congrats on being done!