Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Feature request

I wish that somebody would make a word processor that had the ability to completely turn off Overwrite. I mean, I never ever ever ever use the overwrite function except when I've accidentally hit the insert key, and then I regret it because I only find this out when I go back to insert some text and I see that it's overwriting. If I'm lucky, I see this right away. If I'm not and I really got into typing something without looking at the screen (say, copying text from a book or something), then I can overwrite a lot of what I've written, and there's no easy way to use undo/redo to both save the original text and the newly typed additions.

One thing I'll give Softest's exam software - it throws you a big fat popup whenever you switch to overwrite mode. Nice.

No comments: